Ask any man to go shopping and you are sure to get this one reply: “Oh no! Not now!” But from the time these online shopping websites have come up, men are giving a women a run for their money when it comes to some retail therapy. After all, why tire yourself out visiting stores after store, when you can relax on your bed and with a click, buy whatever you want to. Shopping online is no hassle these days, with everything served to you on a platter and your shopping bags being delivered at your doorstep where you even have the option of paying after you have got what you wanted. Well, here are some tricks that will help you save money while shopping to your heart’s content.
1. Make several email accounts
If you want to hack the ‘Refer a friend and avail Rs. 500 off’ offer, make several email accounts and register from those email accounts on the shopping website to get your discount coupon in your original account.
2. Make use of that ‘New User First Purchase Discount Offer
Make use of that new user discount coupons that websites offer when you register for the first time.
3. Use new email IDs to register on websites offering ‘New User First Purchase Discount Offer’
The hack is to manipulate this offer to your maximum benefit by using new email IDs to register on that website again and availing the offer.
4. Search your way out
We would say half your job is done if you search for your productproperly and at the right place. Searching for your product on all e-commerce websites is very important to get the best of deals because many websites can offer the same thing at a cheaper price. You don’t want to miss out on that, do you?
5. Decide your budget and put it on the price filter
Restrict yourself with your budget first before you start looking for your favourite shoes.
6. Sorting the product lists by lowest price to highest can possibly save you some bucks
Start with the lowest priced ones and gradually move to higher prices to help yourself decide better.
7. Check thoroughly on the ‘Sale’ page for anything that you are looking at
Sale pages might bring you some luck as it includes things which are already on discount. So if you are lucky enough to fit the size, you can save some money.
8. Follow your favourite online shopping website on Instagram/Facebook
All e-commerce websites send out promotional offers and make their shoppers aware of the last minute sales through their social media pages. So, keep track of these offers and follow them.
© randypratherbuilding (dot) com
9. Download their ‘App’ as well
Some e-commerce websites work only on mobile apps and they are offering discounts on your first purchase if you download and register on their app.
10. Reading the reviews (and ratings) won’t waste your time at all
Reading reviews and ratings can benefit you a lot while shopping for a particular product as users post genuine reviews of how the product is and whether you should buy it or not.
11. Put the things you like in the cart, decide for it later
Sometimes if you let the things you like in the cart, the website might come back to you with a discount for those items.
12. Look for ‘Free Shipping’ or the least shipping charges on your shopping bags
Why pay unnecessarily for shipping charges when you can look for one that gets delivered for free?
13. Check for discount coupons in the shopping bag you receive via courier
Websites usually send discount coupons with the shopping package which you can use on your next purchase.
14. Use ‘Exchange/Return’ option to your maximum benefit
The hack is to use the product and return it if the website offers this option. But keep in mind to not remove the tags and let the clothes be as clean as possible.
P.S. We STRICTLY recommend you to NOT do this. EVER!
15. Shop from Instagram/Facebook accounts offering goods with cash on delivery option
More recently, people who operate businesses through social media sell products through their Instagram/Facebook accounts. Ensure cash on delivery because you cannot fully rely on these accounts.